Today I was asked to share on Facebook seven things you may not know about me and my writing. This sounded fun, so I put my thinking cap on and decided to make it a blog article.
- I must have absolute silence to write.
- I am an outliner. I crave the organization, but I’m not too crazy with it. If the characters “hijack the bus” then I’ll ride along with them to see where they go.
- I used to be the Literary Editor of our high school magazine, Sketches.
- I had written a series back in High School before I really understood what a series was. I had a collection of stories about teens at Westside High. Maybe I’ll resurrect them one day.
- I cry when I kill off characters I love – even those I love to hate!
- I include something ethereal or slightly paranormal in almost all my stories.
- When you start talking to me about writing….Beware! I don’t shut up.
I not only love writing, but I AM a writer. It’s not just what I do, but who I am. I live constantly with a jumble of characters in my head, each fighting for their shot at the page. It’s a crowded life, but I one I cherish.