Look at me! I had some professional portraits done by Artisan Inspired Images, and even though it may not be very humble, I think I look pretty sharp. Which leads me to this week’s tip.
Writing is hard. Getting published is even harder. My human mom, Kelly Abell, has been down that long road, and still has goals she hasn’t attained. But, I heard her offer some tips to another author who was feeling down, so I thought I’d share them with you.
- Keep writing because you love it, not because you want to get rich.
- Don’t let rejection define you as an author. If you get valuable feedback, which is rare, incorporate it and learn from it.
- Stay patient. Traditional publishing takes a long time.
- If you want an agent, try to meet them in person at a conference.
- Continue to practice and improve your craft.
- If you want to self-publish find a good company to help you with editing, covers and formatting so your book looks professional.
- NEVER GIVE UP!
Please share other tips you’ve learned along your writing journey. I’m off to chew my bone now. Have a great day!
For Formatting, Covers and Marketing Materials visit Select-O-Grafix, LLC for affordable prices and one-of-a-kind solutions for all your book publishing needs.